Job Title :
Organizational Development Advisor, Temporary position (18 to 24 months)
Reference Number :
Temporary - Full Time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
67379 - 84224
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
At VIA Rail Canada, our mission is to reimagine the Canadian journey by creating smarter ways to travel. VIA Rail is a major Canadian player in the transport industry and strongly believes that travel should be an easy, sustainable and enjoyable experience that meets the individual needs and preferences of today’s and tomorrow’s passengers. In the spirit of transformation, our values of innovation, trust and agility are even more important and guide all our actions.
VIA Rail strives to constantly outdo ourselves as we create a safe and unique travel experience across Canada. Initiatives born from our new strategies have created a need for additional knowledge and training for all our employees who are in frequent contact with our passengers. To fill this need, we are investing in and overhauling the approaches used in our learning and development centre to support the transformation goals that go along with our new mission.
Our Expertise Centre - Human Resources team is looking for an Advisor, Organizational Development (OD).
The OD advisor will be responsible for helping implement projects, programs and tools to foster employee commitment, development and engagement and move the organization forward.
They will assist Human Resources Business Partners in supporting the entire organization from a change management standpoint. The OD advisor will have to integrate quickly and carry out the following tasks in an independent and professional manner.
The challenges that await you:
• Help conduct needs analyses, and plan, develop and implement deployment plans for various projects and programs to support the team through the organization’s transformation.
• As a participating member of a team of experts, provide your perspective on change management, diversity and inclusion, and modernization of HR processes such as performance recognition, talent identification and engagement.
• Collaborate on culture change initiatives; identify and manage impacts on the organization and processes, and ensure compliance with governance.
• Assist in managing performance indicators to monitor the organization’s transformation and contribute to revising current OD approaches and tools to optimize their effectiveness and efficiency as part of the ongoing improvement of HR processes.
• Intervene on the ground to promote learning in action, provide support in leading communities of practice and information/training sessions related to your area of expertise.
• Implement the strategic plan and suggest activities relating to diversity and inclusion.
• University degree in occupational and organizational psychology, industrial relations or administration, human resources option (master’s degree in organizational development an asset)
• Five to eight years of recognized experience in large-scale organizational development initiatives
• Experience in a similar position at a company with best practices in organizational development
• Demonstrated ability to understand business challenges and synthesize them in order to communicate them in a variety of presentations
• Focus on results, optimization and simplification of approaches and tools
• Bilingualism in English and French (both oral and written) is essential.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.