Job Title :
Station Attendant and Counter Sales Agent - Toronto
Reference Number :
Permanent - Part time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking for 5 Agents to work at Toronto Union, Oshawa, Oakville and occasionally Cobourg stations.
If your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business, we need you.
You will guide passengers in the station or on the platform accordingly and you will also:
• create and modify reservations
• verify tickets
• make announcements and provide information on train arrivals, departures as well as delays
• assist passengers with special needs
• perform general janitorial duties in and outside the station
Here are a few other tasks you will be responsible for:
• manipulate baggage, packages or other items such as sports equipment
• work outdoors in all climactic conditions
• operate a motorized vehicle in narrow areas
• load supplies aboard the train
You will connect with our customer service teams if routine is not your “cup of tea”; you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, if need be. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important details about the job:
You will work at Toronto Union, Oshawa, Oakville and occasionally Cobourg stations.
You are available to work:
• 20 hours/week garantied with possibility of working up to 40 hours/week
• On call, variable schedule between 5:45 am and 12:00 am (or until train arrival if late) including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Possible laid-off.
You will follow a six week training session (includes a baggage tractor test) starting March 18th 2019 and will take place in Toronto. You must successfully complete the training to obtain the position.
Hourly Training Rate: $15/hour
Hourly Station Attendant Rate: $26.27/hour
Hourly Counter Sales Agent Rate: $22.69/hour
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• have a strong ability to communicate with a smile, both in English and French
• possess a High School Diploma
• have a minimum of one year of customer service experience
• possess a valid driver’s license
• must be physically able to manipulate, on a repetitive basis, items weighing up to 23kg
Benefit from a complete and competitive salary and benefits package in a safe work environment.
Above all, you will find kindred spirit committed to teamwork and quality in the pursuit of excellence in customer service.
Come aboard and apply now!
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.