Job Title :
Senior Manager, Equipment Reliability
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
104 213 - 130 266
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
At VIA Rail Canada, our mission is to reimagine the Canadian journey by creating smarter ways to travel. VIA Rail is a major Canadian player in the transport industry and strongly believes that travel should be an easy, sustainable and enjoyable experience that meets the individual needs and preferences of today’s and tomorrow’s passengers. In the spirit of transformation, our values of innovation, trust and agility are even more important and guide all our actions.
VIA Rail strives to constantly outdo ourselves as we create a safe and unique travel experience across Canada. Initiatives born from our new strategies have created a need for additional knowledge and instruction for all our employees who are in frequent contact with our passengers. To fill this need, we are investing in and overhauling the approaches used in our learning and development centre to support the transformation goals that go along with our new mission.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Equipment Reliability to leads and directs the activities of a team of Reliability and Maintenance Engineering professionals responsible for implementing all applicable maintenance and reliability standards for the purpose of inspecting, maintaining, monitoring, and improving the integrity and reliability of the fleet (Rolling Stock).
Reporting to the Senior Director, Technical Services & Chief Engineer, your mandate includes the following exciting challenges:
1. Oversee the activities of a team of Reliability and Maintenance Engineering professionals responsible for the analysis of reliability trends, diagnosis of equipment failure root causes and recommendation of solutions to:
o Reduce enroute and departure train delays due to Mechanical or Maintenance deficiencies;
o Increase Customer satisfaction by improving the reliability of systems that impact the customer.
2. Develop strategies aimed at improving equipment availability and reducing equipment life-cycle cost;
o Integrating strategies into an optimized Maintenance Program.
3. Provide technical support, as required, to VIA Rail Stakeholders and oversee team of Technical advisors that provide technical support to the Equipment Maintenance Servicing and Maintenance teams;
4. Ensure that Equipment Maintenance practices meet VIA’s own environmental, health and safety policy and those of regulatory bodies;
5. Manage and coach team for high performance and high engagement; motivate, inspire, and engage others to excel and work towards; the vision.
6. Manage the condition monitoring programs including oil analysis laboratory;
7. Support Design Engineering initiatives by providing guidance and expertise in the development of the scope of work for State of Good Repair projects including overhaul programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a strong foundational knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems or any combination of appropriate training and experience considered equivalent;
• 10+ years’ experience in Reliability and Maintenance Engineering with extensive experience in Preventative and Predictive Maintenance;
• Demonstrated mastery of modern professional maintenance management such as, PM, PdM, RCA and RCM;
• Familiarity with standard operating and maintenance practices in the Rail Rolling Stock, Transportation or Heavy Machinery Industries;
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English and French language required;
• Highly developed analytic, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills;
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.