Job Title :
Senior Analyst, Finance Expertise Center
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Finance and Accounting
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
55 623 - 69 529
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
The Senior Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Expertise Centre and handles and resolves complex requests and issues for internal and external clients requiring assistance with transactions related to financial functions and processes. They communicate with the appropriate people to obtain the information needed to resolve issues and issue purchase orders. They also identify opportunities to improve processes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• The Senior Analyst manages purchase order requests. They generate purchase orders for expenditures over $25,000. They analyze complex requests (requisitions, quotations, contract amendments, etc.) and conduct daily follow-ups to ensure items are handled as quickly as possible while applying and complying with governance rules.
• The Senior Analyst assists internal and external clients with Oracle transactions related to Procure-to-Pay administrative functions and processes. They support user training and assist users when they have questions about receiving and processing invoices, etc. They must be able to identify potential problems and suggest solutions
• The Senior Analyst acts as resource person for the members of the Finance team, responds to questions and advises colleagues. They collaborate on analyses, tests and the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
• A college diploma in administration, finance or procurement and 6–8 years of experience in administration, finance or procurement.
• Proficiency with accounting/procurement transaction systems (Procure-to-Pay)
• Tact and ability to interact and negotiate with others
• Excellent communication skills in English and French
• Attention to detail, meticulousness and rigour
• Ability to identify problems and initiative to find solutions
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, problems and requests from internal clients in a timely manner
• Ability to incorporate continuous improvement concepts into daily tasks, in accordance with departmental requirements and objectives
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
• Ease navigating through various systems and ability to explain processes to users and guide them through the steps
• Knowledge of Oracle asset
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.