Do you have experience in one or more skilled trades, with a desire to develop more diverse skills? Have you been looking for a stable environment to build a worthwhile career, rather than just a “job”, or “project”? Can you imagine a place where the employee comes first, where safety and respect is truly valued? Apply now!
VIA Rail Canada Inc., Canada's national passenger rail service is currently seeking 3 Railway Car Technicians to work at it's Vancouver Maintenance Center (Pacific Central Station).
As a Railway Car Technician, you will ensure our passenger cars operate at peak capacity year-round, by servicing our national fleet in terms of regular maintenance and heavy repairs.
The interior and exterior of our train cars need lots of love, including maintenance on: Seats, Toilets, Tables, Sinks, Blinds, Panels, Piping (Air & Water), Windows, Brake rigging, etc.
We even train our specialized technicians to tackle the major components such as: Wheelsets, Couplers, Springs, etc.
- The position is permanent (40 hours per week guaranteed) and the work schedule may vary (day, evening, night, week-end and holidays).
- Never on-call, your shifts are always set so you can make the most of your time off!
- Over-time is available
- Candidates must be available to work any day of the week as the Maintenance Center is open 7 days a week during peak season.
- Shifts may start as early as 6:00 am and end as late as midnight.
Hourly salary: 28.37$ - 35.29 $/H - Based on experience
Evening shift differential: $0.75/H
Night shift differential : $1.00/H
Red Seal differential: $1.00/H
Permanent position, including an excellent benefits program, pension plan, etc…
LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE AS:
• Automotive Technician
Red seal certified tradespersons are ideal, however we welcome apprentices to apply!
- Journeyman status
- Red seal
- Experience in machinery maintenance
- Experience assembling, mounting, or finishing transportation equipment