Job Title :
Passenger Car Cleaner - Quebec
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc., a leader in passenger transportation in Canada, is currently seeking applications for our Passenger car cleaner (General Worker) to work at our Quebec City Station, Gare du Palais.
As a General Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars, vacuuming and washing carpets, wiping tables and chairs, changing direction of seats, cleaning washrooms, cleaning windows (interior & exterior), draining and filling potable water reservoirs, draining waste water retention reservoirs. You must be able to work outdoors.
It is a permanent full-time position of 40 hours per week. The schedule is 4 night shifts of 10h from 9PM to 7AM and 3 days off.
This position is permanent but there is a high probability of a lay off in 6 months.
Hourly salary: $28.37/H
Evening shift differential: $0.75/H
Night shift differential: $1.00/H
• Possess a High School Diploma
• Possess a valid driver'S license
• Professional or technical diploma in: Mechanics, Tinning, Pipe fitting or Welding (asset)
• Possess at least one year of experience as a cleaner
• Be flexible regarding work schedules
• Possess the physial capacity to do the job
• Be quality and results oriented
• Able to work in a team
• Capable of lifting weights ranging up to 23kg (50 lb)
• Possess mechanical aptitudes
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.