Job Title :
Officer, Material planning and control
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
MONTREAL, POINTE ST-CHARLES
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
Reporting to the Senior Officer, Master planning the Officer, Material planning and Control ensures the timely planning and availability of materials/components required for equipment projects, maintenance and overhaul programs. He/she interfaces with the Procurement and Inventory department on the specific production timelines, and communicates delays in material deliveries which could impact project schedules and planned maintenance.
More specifically, the Officer, Master Planning and Control:
- Plans material requirements for production activities through the analysis of the scope and frequency of different projects/programs and communicates these to the Procurement and Inventory team.
- Ensures the monitoring and timely availability of materials/components required for projects, maintenance or overhaul programs. Works closely with Planning, Technical service, Maintenance, Projects, Inventory and Procurement as a team to plan and execute the work in order to ensure maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Performs daily follow-up on the status of materials. Updates material follow-up report as required. Communicates delays in material delivery to the Project Planner in order to minimize impact on progress. Validates information received through the CCR (Configuration Change Request) related to the material (BOM - Bill of Material) and equipment.
- Monitors the progress of projects underway. Using Oracle, creates and updates the information regarding planning kits and MRP forecasts.
- Works in collaboration with the Production team to organize the delivery of materials to the production floor for the Montreal Maintenance Center, and handles the routing of stripped parts that are to be scrapped, reworked or to be used as-is while also controlling how they will be disposed of.
- Manages the transfer of materials to the appropriate work locations across Canada (including the Winnipeg, Toronto and Vancouver maintenance centers) where the work is planned to be performed.
- College diploma in Operations management & logistics, Business administration or equivalent combined with 3-5 years of relevant experience in materials and inventory control within a production environment. Knowledge of railway or transportation environment an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project. Knowledge of Oracle is an asset.
- Very good analytical skills, rigor, results orientation with an eye for details.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both official languages.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.