Job Title :
Maintenance of way worker- Foreman
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 1 Maintenance of way worker - FOREMAN in Toronto.
• For the maintenance of track and related equipment in the yard, Transport Canada regulations & practices, CN Engineering Track Standard as they relate to railway works and railway lines.
• Must maintain and repair tracks as per rules respecting track safety and Canadian National Engineering Track Standard.
• Provide at least supervision for track basic forces and gangs consisting in; track welder, track maintainer, small production gangs, inspection vehicles and others.
• Supervise VIA designated third parties where work involves railway works and or roadways
• General duties and works in conjunction with Toronto Maintenance Center Sr. Facility officer and Sr. Engineer Infrastructure
• Provide track protection when required
• The person interested by this position must be in position to work outside of his regular hours in case of emergency repairs or overtime work regarding the Toronto Maintenance Centre operating schedule to protect the safety and security of train operation.
SCHEDULE : Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
SALARY : $34.74/H
• + 5 years of railway experience, experience in yard, main lines and secondary main line.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Windows, MS Project (awareness)
• Must be able to use hand tools.
• Must perform proficiency tests
• Must be able to work on scaffold, ladder and personnel lift.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds on occasional basis
• Must have a valid driver license Class G.
• Heavy Equipment certification would be considered an asset
• Must have successfully completed and maintain qualification as required by the Transport Canada Rules Respecting Track Safety Condition of hiring:
• Must pass VIA Rail internal CN Track Inspection training.
• Should have C.R.O.R rules qualification and pass VIA internal training for 105 Territory and Radio protocols training.
• Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.