Job Title :
Human Resources Business Partner- Corporate
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
68 390 - 85 488
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
As an HRBP at Via Rail Canada, you will play a key role in providing strategic HR guidance and support corporate functions. Reporting to the Senior HRBP, and as part of the national HRBP team, you will support the rollout of HR initiatives while coaching the managers on policies and practices.
You have the ability to quickly adapt to an evolving culture and changing work environment and see opportunities for improvement. By combining these qualities with your capacity to establish relationships of trust, you will be instrumental in the positioning of the HR role in the business and with our business partners.
This position is based in VIA Rail Head Quarters in Montreal.
• Strategically support the culture change and evolution of your partners within Via’s organization;
• Understand the context, issues and challenges of your partners;
• Develop and orchestrate the implementation of HR solutions;
• Interact with and influence managers at various levels;
• Roll out HR practices to your partners;
• Monitor the organizational climate;
• Support the partners in human resources activities such as talent acquisition, performance and compensation management, employee relations, talent and leadership development, and change management;
• Partner with the HR centers of expertise on delivering the team’s strategic priorities
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or industrial relations;
• Over 6-8 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist;
• Experience in a unionized environment (an asset).
• Ability to analyze business issues and recommend effective and adapted solutions;
• Knowledge of employment/labor standards in Canada as well as Knowledge of Human Rights Legislation;
• Highly ethical and able to deal with confidential issues with tact & discretion;
• Good understanding of change management;
• Ability to influence management teams and union representatives;
• Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written;
• High degree of organizational skills and autonomy;
• Capable of effectively managing multiple demands from a variety of sources;
• The HRBP also works closely with the Recruitment Advisors to ensure that recruitment needs are defined and supported throughout the talent acquisition process.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.