Job Title :
Human Resources - Business Partner - Commercial or Mechanical Group
Reference Number :
Job Category :
Annual Salary :
69,150$ - 89,488$
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
As part of a transformation of the Human Resources function, VIA Rail Canada (“VIA Rail”) is seeking two experienced Human Resources Business Partners to support the rollout of HR initiatives while coaching the managers on policies and practices.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partners, you will perform all HR related activities either within VIA Rail’s Commercial Group or Mechanical Group. These two positions will be based in Vancouver.
- Understand the context, issues and challenges of your business sector;
- Support the culture change and evolution of the sector;
- Develop and orchestrate the implementation of HR solutions to address issues, including union relations and grievance management;
- Interact with and influence managers at various levels;
- Roll out HR practices in the sector’s divisions;
- Monitor the organizational climate;
- Support the partners in HRM activities such as talent acquisition; performance and compensation management; employee relations; talent and leadership development and change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM or industrial relations;
- Over 5-8 years of experience as an HR generalist in a unionized industrial setting.
- Ability to analyze business issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Good understanding of change management;
- Ability to influence management teams and union representatives;
- Excellent skills in French and English communication, both oral and written;
- High degree of professionalism and autonomy;
- The position requires travel 40% of the time.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.