Job Title :
Fork Lift / Tow Motor Operator (Bank of candidates)
Reference Number :
Job Category :
MONTREAL, POINTE ST-CHARLES
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc., a leader in passenger transportation in Canada, is currently seeking applications for Forklift operators to build a bank of potential candidates to fill positions that may become available in 2017 to work at it's Montreal Maintenance Center in Pointe St-Charles.
As a Forklift/Tow Motor Operator, you will be called upon to execute a wide variety of tasks including:
• Operating motorized vehicles safely within the Maintenance Center
• Cleaning the interior and exterior of locomotives
• All other related tasks
You will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of our locomotives (must not fear heights). You will also be called upon to transport pieces of equipment withing the Maintenance Center.
You must be ready to work indoors and outdoors, in all climatic conditions.
The positions are full-time (40 hours/week) with variable schedules (day, evening, night, week-end and holidays).
Most available schedules are night shifts.
Possibility of lay-offs.
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Possess a valid materials handling qualification card and valid periodic medical examination card (773-B form)(Asset)
- Possess a valid Class 1 or 3 driver's license (Asset)
- Meet the physical requirements of the position
- Be very flexible regarding work schedules
- Be quality and results oriented
- Capable of lifting weights ranging up to 23kg (50 lb)
- Comfortable working at heights
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.