Job Title :
Counter Sales Agent and Station Attendant- BRANTFORD
Reference Number :
Permanent - Part time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 2 Counter Sales Agents- Station Attendants for our Brantford Station (Ontario).
Welcome to people with customer service experience in the tourism, hospitality or airline industry!
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
Our customers’ journey typically starts with a quest for information on their desired trip and the purchase of tickets.
When presenting themselves in person at the Brantford station you greet them with a smile and:
• Provide them with service and fare information
• Help them buy their tickets
• Secure and confirm their reservations
• Assist them to entrain or detrain (wheelchair, baggage handling…)
Here are a few other tasks you will be responsible for:
• Issuing and/or processing refunds
• Preparing ticket sale reports
• Manipulate baggage, packages or other items such as sports equipment
• Maintaining cleanliness of the station
If routine is not your “cup of tea”, you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service teams. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important pragmatic details about the job:
WORK LOCATION & BENEFITS
• You will work at Brantford Station (Ontario) .
• Salary during training: $15/hour - once position obtained: $22.69/hour-$26.27/hour
You are available to work according to these parameters:
• Relief position
• Minimum of 20 hours a week and available to be on call for additional shifts if need be
Pleas note that working schedules may change based on operational demands, special circumstances and train delays. You must be very flexible when it comes to your work schedule and expect to work holidays as well.
Lay-offs may occur during calmer periods with a possibility of being called back.
You must successfully complete a full-time 5 week training (includes a baggage tractor test).
You must be available for the training session starting on March 18th 2019 in Toronto. Hotel accommodation and meal allowance are included.
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• Have a strong ability to communicate with a smile, both in English and French
• Possess a high school diploma
• Have a minimum of one year of customer service experience ideally in tourism, hospitality or airline company
• Have great computer and Internet search skills
• Possess a valid driver’s license (you will be required to drive a motorized vehicle for baggage)
• Are physically able to lift up to 23 Kg
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.