Reference Number :
Job Category :
Annual Salary :
$27.70 / hourly
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 4 Chefs in Winnipeg.
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
Work on board of trains as a chef with a Red Seal Certification!
Based in Winnipeg, you will make the routes of Winnipeg-Toronto or Winnipeg-Vancouver even more delightful for passengers:
• plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
• prepare and cook meals and specialty foods
• adapt dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
• ensure quality of food and portion control
• manage the requisition of food, kitchen supplies and equipment
• supervise a kitchen employee, if required
If routine is not your ''cup of tea'', you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service team. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important details about the job:
From April/May until October with possibility of being called back for the following year.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
You are available to work:
• in a small and warm environment, washing dishes
• on weekends and holidays
• up to 60 hours in 4 days
• for extended periods (approx. 4-5 days) away from home
You will follow a three-week program which must be successfully completed before obtaining the position.
You must be available for training session starting on May 29th, 2017
during training: $12.20/hour
once position obtained: $27.70$/hour
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• hold a current sanitation or food safe certificate and a Red Seal Certification
• have three years of experience in line cooking and a minimum of one year as a chef
Benefit from a complete and competitive salary and benefits package in a safe work environment.
Above all, you will find kindred spirit committed to teamwork and quality in the pursuit of excellence in customer service.
Come aboard and apply now!
We are recruiting actively! VIA Rail Canada is also looking for on train service attendants and station attendants in WINNIPEG.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.