Job Title :
Advisor, Pricing & Revenue Integrity
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
68,390$ - 84,448$
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
The Train Revenue Analyst develops strategy to maximize revenues on specific markets. She/He is responsible of pricing strategies and action plans aimed at maximizing revenue based on budget forecasts, demand patterns and capacity, on different markets.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• Develops, implement and maintain pricing structures for public, corporate, tour operators, groups and special interest fares in defined regions of responsibility.
• Evaluate effectiveness of pricing strategies and initiatives.
• Develops a deep understanding of product offer, distribution channels, market segmentation and demand in order to create pricing strategies
• Proactively signals revenue risks to related commercial departments (Product, Sales and Network Planning).
• Ensures market strategies and challenges are properly communicated and all groups aligned.
• Acquires competitive data from Sales group, makes capacity recommendations to Network Planning group, notifies Product and Advertising groups regarding sales initiatives.
• Handling ad hoc special pricing requests, group and charter group pricing structure maintenance and evolution, analyse trends in fare usage and post-audit market strategies.
• Participates in ad hoc projects related to Commercial needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Science, Economics, Statistics or related field
• Minimum of 6-8 years of experience working in revenue management or related field.
• Educational or work experience with revenue management systems, pricing systems, large databases, and/or utilizing statistics and data mining to solve business problems.
• Microsoft Excel skills and excellent knowledge of analytical tools and/or software is a must.
• Bilingual, written and spoken.
• Result-oriented individual who takes an analytical and logical approach to responsibilities.
• Creativity in problem-solving; resourcefulness; can easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
• Ability to bring a creative and innovative approach to business and ability to interpret and communicate results of complex data.
• Strong technical knowledge and capabilities; ability to leverage technology to create a positive impact.
• Ability in building effective and constructive relationships. Strong customer focus
• Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Is able to handle pressure, to deliver on time and has a strong commitment to quality and accuracy.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Able to handle multiple projects or programs, potentially with conflicting demands, that have important resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.